(08) 8355 5475
(08) 8272 3400
(08) 8351 6066
Pets and their people
Arthritis Efficacy Study
This Study Has Now Been CLOSED.
By five years of age around 15% of dogs have arthritis. This number increases to 35% of dogs as they age. Because dogs are brave, they don't complain and almost never cry
they soldier on stoically tolerating the pain. In fact often the signs of the pain they are suffering are quite subtle.
Are you worried that your beloved dog is getting older?
- Not moving as well as he/she used to?
- Have you noticed him/her having more trouble getting up after a rest?
- Are they showing a reluctance to go as far on walks?
Well here is an amazing opportunity to get gold standard diagnosis and treatment for arthritis at no cost to you.
If you are willing to participate and if your dog meets the selection criteria you will receive nearly $1000 worth of care
at no cost to you.
You and your pet will recieve:
- A diagnostic examination
- X-rays (including sedation if required)
- Screening blood tests to check for hidden diseases
- Treatment with a 4 or 8 course week course of state of the art medication
- Follow up checks
Here is the catch. For you to take advantage of this you will be committing to following through. This is not a free lunch!
Once selected, if you wish to participate, you will need to:
- Sign an agreement
- Provide access to your pets medical records. (if seen/treated at a vet other than Pets and Their People)
- Commit to presenting your dog for all 6 or 11 scheduled appointments over a 6 to 11 week period
- Not use other medications for arthritis during the trial
- Not used Zydax previously
- Not change your dog's management during the trial ( i.e. exercise, massage )
- Perform and record some observations daily for 28 or 56 days
- Provide four detailed reports/questionnaires to the study
This is a commitment of your time
and it is crucial that you are fully prepared for the input that is required of you.
At this stage we are seeking expressions of interest. Places are limited.
If you wish to participate please read the selection criteria carefully. Then email our coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include: a description of your dog, a short (approx 200 word) explanation of why you believe you and your pet would make good candidates. Please include your contact details.
We will make a preliminary assessment and call you to book a pre-trial appointment if your dog is lucky enough to be selected.
Fulham Gardens Vet Surgery
441 Tapleys Hill Road, (Cnr Moore Rd)
Fulham Gardens, SA, 5024
Phone: (08) 8355 5475
Unley Vet Surgery
36 Unley Road
Unley, SA, 5061
Phone: (08) 8272 3400
Black Forest Vet Surgery
647 South Road
Black Forest, SA, 5035
Phone: (08) 8351 6066
All Surgeries are closed on public holidays.